Inge Werner was married
to Franz Neumann (Franz Neumann page).
They had two sons, Thomas
- Thomas (now Osha) is a writer, activist, lawyer and muralist in Berkeley,
- Michael is a professor of philosophy at Trent University in Toronto.
In 1951 Inge published:
- European War Crimes Trials: A Bibliography, compiled
and annotated by Inge S. Neumann. Additional material furnished by the
Wiener Library, London. Edited by Robert A. Rosenbaum. Publisher: New York,
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 1951.
- This bibliography, intended for scholarly use in the field of international
law, consists of publications between 1941 and 1950. Approximately two-thirds
of the citations are annotated.
- republished by Greenwood Press, 1978, 113 pages.
Inge Neumann page
- Note: I (Harold Marcuse) have a copy of the original publication. Contact
me if there is something you would like checked from that version.
In 1954 Franz Neumann died
in a car accident.
In 1956 Inge married their close friend Herbert Marcuse.
In 1965 they moved from Newton, Massachusetts to La Jolla, California.
From the mid-1960s until her
death in the summer of 1972, Inge taught modern languages at San Diego