Kevin B. Anderson Bio
Anderson, Kevin B. (b.
1948), Professor of Sociology, Political Science, and Feminist Studies at University of California, Santa Barbara.
- His extensive personal website: www.kevin-anderson.com
- UCSB faculty page
- Video interview about his research (15:17)
- Some publications about Herbert Marcuse:
- "A Preliminary Exploration of the Dunayevskaya-Marcuse Dialogue, 1954 to 79 (with excerpts from their correspondence and comments by Douglas Kellner)," in: Quarterly Journal of Ideology, Vol. 13:4 (1989), link to pdf
- "On Hegel and the Rise of Social Theory: A Critical Appreciation of Herbert Marcuse's Reason and Revolution, Fifty Years Later," in: Sociological Theory 11:3 (Nov. 1993), pp. 243-267 [930k pdf]
- The Dunayevskaya-Marcuse-Fromm Correspondence, 1954-1978: Dialogues on Hegel, Marx, and Critical Theory (Lexington Books, 2012), 330 pages. ($30 at amazon)
- "Marcuse’s and Fromm’s Correspondence with the Socialist Feminist Raya Dunayevskaya: A New Window on Critical Theory," in: Logos: A Journal of Modern Society & Culture 11:1 (Winter 2012) (full text on KA's website)
- "Resistance versus Emancipation: Foucault, Marcuse, Marx, and the Present Moment," in Logos: A Journal of Modern Society & Culture 12:1 (Winter 20113).