Morton Schoolman Bio
Schoolman, Morton (b. 1947), Professor of Political Science, SUNY Albany
- SUNY faculty website, author of:
- 1973: "Further Reflections on Work, Alienation, and Freedom in Marcuse and Marx," in: Canadian Journal of Political Science (VI, 2), 295-302.
- 1975. Marcuse's 'Second Dimension'. Telos (23): 89-115. (abstract)
- 1976: Marcuse's Aesthetics and the Displacement of Critical Theory. New German Critique (8): 53-79.
- 1976. Introduction to Marcuse's 'On the Problem of the Dialectic'. Telos (27):12-24. (abstract)
- 1976. 'On the Problem of the Dialectic', by Herbert Marcuse. Translation of Part I. Telos (27):12-24.
- 1978: Ensayo sobre la obra de Herbert Marcuse, translated into Spanish by John Turner (Bogota, Columbia: Plaza y Janes, 1978). paperbound, 174 pp.
- 1980: The Imaginary Witness: The Critical Theory of Herbert Marcuse (New York: Free Press, 1980), clothbound, 399 pp. Choice Book Award, "An Outstanding Academic Book of the Year" (1981). Republished by New York University Press, 1984, paperbound, 399 pp.
- 1986. "Herbert Marcuse." Contribution to the Encyclopedia of Political Thought. Eds. Janet Coleman, David Miller, William Connolly, Alan Ryan, pp. 315-317. London: Basil Blackwell.