Angela Davis Bio
(b. 1944), activist philosopher and professor in the History of Consciousness
program at the University of California, Santa Cruz. She has published
on race, class, gender and the prison-industrial complex.
- detailed biography
- for photos see: 2003
Berlin Burial Pictures page (2 pix near bottom) on this site, also
Neues Deutschland article,
article. Sept. 11, 1970 Life magazine cover story (pp. 20-27) with lots of pictures (available on google books).
- 1969, Oct: Herbert Marcuse speech in Sproul Plaza
[sound recording]: University of California, Berkeley, 1969 Oct. 24. 1
sound tape reel [UCB]
- Speech relates to Angela Davis, University of California and students'
roles in society.
- Transcript also available.
- Herbert was interviewed about Angela, in the March 25, 1971 Jet magazine (full text at google books): "Says Angela 'One of Most Nonviolent Persons'"
Davis's agent's web page
- History of Consciousness
department at UC Santa Cruz (AD's
- On Davis, see also: 1988
biography with bibliography (this site);
published autobiography (1988), or this
- short biography
for Black History Month.
- Disinformation.com has an excellent, comprehensive Angela Davis site.
- You can listen to her read from her book "Blues
Legacies and Black Feminism" on KUSP's
- or peruse a 1996